Monday, February 24, 2014

A Curved Truss?

Once again we are working on a unique project with a series curved glulam trusses with douglas fir struts.  As you move back into the structure the span of the truss decreases and the roof slopes down.  So, because of the curve each truss is similar in appearance but unique.  The architect on this project came up with a truncated cone on it's side for the geometry.

Here is the outer most truss on it's own.  The rods that you see sticking out of the top of the truss are there to attach the rafter system to.  When finish the roof system will also be curved.

This image shows the rest of the trusses in the structure.  You can see the change in the geometry in this picture as well.

I just wanted to share something unique that will be going through the shop.  As always, visit Vermont Timber Works website. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie, I was asked to check a school dining hall in Nepal (post earthquake) earlier this week. It had a king post roof truss with a steel pipe chord - which looks like a change from the orginal (maybe to remove colums from the dining hall)
    The truss timbers and steel are bearing directly on the masonry walls.
    I have suggested they install columns at alternate truss locations.
    Pls can you message me so I can send you a photo. Your advice would be much appreciated so they can reopen the school safely.
    thanks
    20KT20@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx, but very little about curved trusses, check here http://myrooff.com/curved-roof-truss/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete