Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Sampling of Timber Trusses

Well, it has been a while.  Things have been busy, which is a good thing.  So, to catch up have put together several images of the truss that we have been designing.  Many different shape and sizes and that's what keeps my job interesting.


This truss is actually a bent view of a cedar pavilion that we did.  Even the curved pieces are cedar.  Actually, they are cedar glulams.  You can see at the end of the top chords the slope of the roof changes pitch.  We accomplished this detail by cutting the top chords down out of a larger timber.


This is a very traditional scissor chord truss.  These trusses are still in the design process, that is why you don't see any pegs or bolts on the surface of the truss.  This job is out of rough sawn white oak.


 Here is another more traditional scissor chord truss with the joinery shown.  This truss has a more shallow pitch than the previous truss.  Douglas fir #1 or better was used.


This is a decorative truss that we designed out of pine.  This is also a scissor chord truss but the bottom chords don't extend out to the exterior wall.  This truss also has a could of decorative finials.


Here is yet another scissor chord truss out of douglas fir timbers.  I guess I didn't realize how many scissor chord truss that we have done recently but that's okay because they are all very different.  They all do vary in size, material, loading, and configuration.

So, that's a little look at what we have been up to.  There are many more barns, homes, restaurants, and pavilions that we are working on.  Make sure you check out Vermont Timber Works and see what's new (besides the website).

2 comments:

  1. I like the King Truss design most of all. Super!
    Can I buy the construction draws from desgner?
    My e-mail: desjane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete